Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Get 'er done

I got a phone call this morning in regards to my Government class that was supposed to be dropped.  So....they found my fax and removed the F and I'm free and clear now!!  YEAH!!  So I re-enrolled this morning for the Government class to take it this fall.  BOO!!!  Oh well, one more class under my belt.  I'm currently enrolled in Biology and Government for the fall semester, then I will have one class to take in the spring....Physiology.  After those I can enroll in the Occupational Therapy program!!  I will be so glad to start working towards something I want to do instead of just taking classes because I have to.  I'm so over it, but I just keep pushing myself because I want to actually accomplish this.  It makes me feel good to make good grades and feel smart for a change.  Growing up in school I never really felt smart.  I was an excellent speller but my math skills were lacking.  I even took special math classes which now days isn't that big of a deal, but back then the kids made a big deal out of the ones that had to leave class to go to another class for extra help.  Then when we came back to class and had math races....ugh...STUPID!!!  I never won and I sat down feeling even more dumb than I did before.  I think those feelings always come back to haunt me when it comes to college.  When I first decided to go back I went straight to the college algebra class....I'm a no fuss kinda girl.....Get 'er done kinda girl.  If I couldn't do well in college algebra then I would have failed.....but maybe, just maybe....what if I did do well and pass the class?   Did that mean I could conquer all of them?!  DANG SKIPPY!!!  So I passed college algebra with an 89....really come on teacher....I've never done so well before but couldn't you at least give me a 90?!  Ok so I'm asking for too much....but at least I pass and proved to myself that I could Get 'er done!!!!

No comments: