Thursday, September 13, 2012

It ain't over 'til it's over....or is it?

Surely everyone has been on a carousel, right?  I personally hate them.....they go round and round and round and round...well you get the picture!  You know what I LOVE?  Rollercoasters!  They're FAST, up, down, around and BOOM....your done!  Just like a band-aid.....once it's on you're stuck and you just have to ride it or rip it off quick!!  Lately my life has been alot like a carousel, the round and round.  Did I mention I HATE them?  Oh, yes I did!  Well it's not much different in life, I don't enjoy when things keep going round and round.  Much like the carousel, it upsets my stomach.  It frustrates me because I just want to get off, and no matter how many times I think I've jumped off I'm still going round and round.  What I'm getting at with this is; Sometimes in life just like at the carnival, people enjoy the carousel.  They enjoy the round and round, they just can't let it go.  Even though you don't want to ride, they always manage to try and drag you on it!  I mean who doesn't want their words to matter, and make a point.....get it across what you really want to say.....but then it just needs to end!  But it can't because there will always be more to it than what meets the eye.  I've found that the best thing is to just agree with that person, and walk away.  It doesn't mean they are right and you are wrong, it just means your carousel ticket has expired.  That's it!!  When it comes to life's problems, I would much rather take the coaster!  It's gonna have it's ups and downs and it might even loop, but dang it.....when is over it's over! 

I found the following scripture to be very fitting for the days ahead of me!

 

1 Corinthians 6

New Living Translation (NLT)

7 Even to have such lawsuits with one another is a defeat for you. Why not just accept the injustice and leave it at that? Why not let yourselves be cheated? 8 Instead, you yourselves are the ones who do wrong and cheat even your fellow believers.[c]

No comments: